We will treat all your personal information as confidential as possible (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
1. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by H and by using the H Online Shop generally you agree to this use.
2. When you register and use the Online Shop you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
3. We may use the information you provide:
a. to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
b. for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, that we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by email, mail or otherwise) about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish H to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the opt-out box provided when registering;
c. we do occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses) available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to. If you do not wish to receive such offers please [email protected] with ‘unsubscribe to 3rd party’ in the subject field; and
d. for the prevention and detection of fraud.
4. If at a later date you wish to opt out of receiving marketing information from H, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to [email protected] ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject field.
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
a. to employees and agents of H to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by H now or in the future;
b. agents who profile your data so that we can tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
6. We may also disclose your information:
a. to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you; or
b. if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities we are entitled to provide your personal information and /or user information.
7. In order for us to monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the website you visited prior to our site.
9. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
10. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you – upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of £10. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
These terms were last changed in October 2014.